- 吳秋北前晚於 Facebook 談及事件，指「終院法官竟做老好人又遂其不甘，予釋放，縱其惡。這豈是愛護青年！實在是害死青年！」他表示，這幫「罪犯」為社會埋下「定時炸彈」，將「毒害一代青年」，指摘「法官老爺已成青年殺手，社會罪人！人們應想想法治是怎樣墮落的！」
若果這位不是工聯會頭頭，我都不想批評。潮流興講言論自由，吳會長有權發表偉論，街市佬一樣有權論政、論法律、論 AI、論論盡盡… you name it.
- 123. The sentencing principles which the Court of Appeal laid down in cases of unlawful assembly involving violence ( CA Judgment at  ) were therefore entirely appropriate, namely:
- “(1) In accordance with general sentencing principles, the court will have regard to all the actual circumstances of the case and the seriousness of the facts pertaining to the commission of the offence. Appropriate weight will then be accorded to each applicable sentencing factor, and a sentence that is commensurate with the offence will then be imposed. The same principles apply to cases of unlawful assembly involving violence.
- (2) Although the definition of unlawful assembly in section 18 of the Public Order Ordinance is relatively simple, the range of factual situations covered is wide. The seriousness of the facts involved varies from case to case and may, depending on the actual circumstances, run from the extremely trivial to the extremely serious. Incidents involving violence are certainly much closer to the serious end of cases, but the facts of different cases still vary. So even for the more serious cases there will still be a spectrum of seriousness. Within the spectrum, the court will accord appropriate weight to the applicable sentencing factors based on the actual circumstances of the case and the seriousness of the facts pertaining to the commission of the offence.
- (3) On the basic premise that the public order must be maintained, and taking into account the gravamen of the offence of unlawful assembly, the court has to consider the factor of deterrence in sentencing. As to how much weight it should accord to this factor, the court has to have regard of the actual circumstances of the case.
- (4) If the case is of a relatively minor nature, such as when the unlawful assembly was unpremeditated, small in scale, involving very little violence, and not causing any bodily harm or damage to property, the court may give proportionally more weightto such factors as the personal circumstances of the offender, his motives or reasons for committing the offence and the sentencing factor of rehabilitation while proportionally less weight to the sentencing factor of deterrence.
- (5) If the case is a serious one, such as when the unlawful assembly involving violence is large-scale or it involves serious violence, the court would give the two sentencing factors, namely punishment and deterrence, great weight and give very little weight or, in an extreme case, no weight to factors such as the personal circumstances of the offender, his motives or reasons of committing the offence and the sentencing factor of rehabilitation.
- (6) After the appropriate weight has been accorded to all the applicable sentencing factors, the court would then impose a sentence on the offender that is commensurate with the case.” (FACC8/2017)
- 中文大學和教育大學學生會代表，日前在開學禮致辭時均有提到「港獨」。特首林鄭月娥譴責及不點名批評他們散播不實和違反《基本法》言論。中大民主牆上周二（4 日）貼上含粗口字眼的十六字標語，不滿林鄭月娥批評學生言辭，「學生講乜，關你 X 事」。學生會指，標語下方有清晰列明署名及張貼日期，內容亦符合民主牆使用守則，所以保留標語，可是兩日後校方以「受管理層壓力，要清除粗口標語」為由移走。